Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A pineapple is neither a pine nor an apple... discuss!


So tonight I am actually taking care of my blog entry on the same evening as the cookie baking! Amazing! This may be the last time I can do this for a while since this is my last week of break from school. I also meet with a realtor next week to discuss putting my home up for sale, which could translate into me having to conduct my cookie baking at a different location. We'll have to wait and see.

On to the real important subject for tonight - Pineapple Cookies. As you already know, I was a little nervous for this entry. From a purely preparation standpoint, these cookies were easy. I opted for a more "manual labor" method tonight and did not use my stand mixer. I was concerned that the mechanical mixing might cause some problems in crushing the fruit (even though it was technically "crushed pineapple" already), so I utilized my awesome arm muscles. Don't laugh too hard.

So... making the cookies was easy, as was the baking. I had to chill the dough for an hour, but I am used to that by now. I did make sure to start in on making the dough right away when I arrived home, which is mostly why I am getting to this entry at a decent hour tonight. Overall, the cookies themselves are not wildly unusual, apart from the fact that they contain real fruit. I do think that they turned out as planned, but I will be relying on my coworkers and parents to consume this batch as I just don't care for the flavor. In particular, I am counting on my fellow CSR, Mary, to help me out with eating these as she expressed strong interest in these cookies due to her LOVE of pineapple.

On a technical note, I did omit the chopped nuts called for in this recipe. Why? Two reasons: I just don't really care for them and I forgot to buy them at the store yesterday.

Now, I do have a confession to make. I have again strayed from my pure BC path this week. Last night I made a recipe out of my Food Network Magazine for Red Velvet Whoopie Pies. I won't go into detail since they're not really part of the program, but they were AWESOME. Just ask my coworkers who once again came through and consumed most of the batch for me. To be honest, I will probably be attempting another non-BC recipe in the next week or so for another candy-bar flavored cupcake. There's just something about mid-winter that puts me into baking overdrive! Although it may diminish a bit once I start having piles of homework to complete.

The last thing I would like to mention is that Thursday is my brother's 27th birthday, so here is my little holler out to him for that - Happy Birthday, Mikey! I wish I could bake you something, but I'm not sure it would keep in shipping to Madison. Next week is Oatmeal Cookies. Not too scary, but I did notice something about cooking raisins and using the juice... ick.

No comments:

Post a Comment